In the spirit of the season, I decided to make gingerbread houses Sunday. Well, if you've ever read the ingredients on one of those packages (and why would you?), you'll notice milk and egg ingredients. Sure, we weren't going to eat them, but we just don't take chances with our food allergies. So, I made sugar cookie dough (Jenna didn't like gingerbread) and my own template. It all went together pretty well, though it looked a little weak structurally...
Sure enough...it fell. But, then they got to eat it!
Never one to give up, yesterday I made another attempt. This time I made the house(s) smaller and walls thicker. So, since I scaled it down and made two. I also cooked the walls until they were hard as a rock.
PS: Jenna is quite upset about pictures of her in a spiderman costume being on my web site. But, I tried to get her to take it off (and to get H to put clothes on - do you remember how cold it was?), and she didn't want to. Tough.









2 comments:
so glad my son is not the only boy that likes to be naked or only in underwear.
You go Martha Stewart! Those are awesome. May need you to email me your recipe. You're such a good mama!
Post a Comment