We have survived the first week of school!
Let me actually begin with a cute story from last weekend. After setting up at the school for the first time, we arrived home around 1:15. By the time we ate lunch, it was 1:45. As Jeremy and I were finishing, Jenna came in and ask us, "Why is Hudson alseep." I told her he wasn't, but it was almost nap time. She said, "Yes, he is. In bed." Jeremy and I looked at each other, walked to Hudson's room, and found him fast asleep in his crib, blanket in his arm, paci in his mouth. His foot stool was pushed up against the crib, evidently it was just too much for him and he put himself to bed! How sweet!
The first day of school was Tuesday, and Jenna woke at 6:45, ready to get dressed. She dressed and ate breakfast. Jeremy has offered to let them watch Clifford, which comes on from 8:00 to 8:30. Nope, Jenna was ready to go. So, the went. According to Jeremy, Jenna entered, ready as can be. Hudson was a little hesitant, but Jenna took him and told him she would take care of him. Of course, Hudson came home the first day at 3:30 with a 101 fever. Future signs? He was fine by Friday, and able to return.
My classes are great. This trimester I have all Junior classes - 2 AP and 2 on level. I'm behind on organization and grading (already), but once again I remember how much I love this and the opportunites to minister to those kids. So many of them have no clue about God or even someone who will love and respect them while holding them accountable. I have already had my first parent come after me - at 4:30 on Friday, no less - but my Assistant Principal backed me, so all is well. Deadlines are deadlines, after all.
Our first week at Brawner Intermediate was wonderful. I was in charge of overseeing Camp SteppingStone since our children's coordinator was out of town, and I expected one of those 'drop back and punt' moments. But, everything was very smooth. I sweated for about 15 minutes while I waited to see if my workers would all show up, but it was great. The kids were happy with the new facilities, as were the teachers. The band sounded great, the chairs were comfortable (but not as good as the theater), and we even had to put out more chairs for the second service. We began the new StoneWater tradition of stacking your chairs after church, and the move was complete.
No comments:
Post a Comment