
We returned to Lake Highlands Baptist Church on Sunday for a StoneWater report. It was exciting to be heading back, and I think Jeremy hit the nail on the head when he described it as going back to see your parents after you had been away at college. There was so much to share, so much excitement, and so many people to see. Unfortunately we couldn't catch up with everyone, between the kids dashing here, there, and yonder, and so many people we loved so dearly, we just didn't get to everyone in as much depth as we wanted. To those of you who read this, I apologize for that.
The night was exciting and ended with a bang as Hudson vomited on me three, yes three, times in the Fellowship Hall. Right on the nice carpet. The second time covered me, and the third time we made it to a trash can. (Sorry, guys.) I guess it was all the running and playing. Then, in the middle of the night Jenna wet her bed (the Dzina's air bed), and, in an effort looking for us, ended up in Paige's room, causing Paige to enter a screaming fit, which, in turn caused Jenna to scream. Funny at 4:50am - nope. Poor David, he stayed up visiting until after midnight, had a 4:50 screaming daughter (and carried our daughter to us, pantiless) and then met a friend at 6:00 am for breakfast.
Now I find myself in the precarious position of returning to work tomorrow. We've had a great week of "living it up." We've swam every day and today (after we've already played with Play-Doh and painted) we're heading to a movie, get some fast food, and out to Uncle Ronnie's pool with the Karnes'. Go out with a bang, right?
Running is good. I got some new running shoes, it was time. The last pair I got was about three months after Hudson was born, so they're almost two years old, and combine that with some running puts them in the replacement category. Now I have that pair (which I dearly love) and my new pair to break in. I've been buying good running clothes over ebay - good deals - because I've discovered that good running clothes really do make a difference (and I thought Jeremy just wanted to look good when he trained for those marathons). I broke down and joined the tech world and my running buddies by buying an IPod, so now I'm learning the ropes of my little Nano, and I do like her company on runs! The first run I wasn't so sure, but after my 4 mile today, I'm in love. The idea was to share with Jeremy, but I sure do like it all to myself. We're looking at investing in a mountain bike. Jer would love to go bike with the StoneWater Outdoors group that goes, and I would love to ride it to work - gas, you know. If gas really spikes like they're saying, a bicycle and motorcycle may be our primary modes of transport, and the bike would be paid of quickly in offset fuel cost. The kids' daycare is just a half mile away, so the jogging stroller would continue to be put to good use, too! Just call us thrifty, in a backward sort of way - spend money to save money!
The picture, by they way, is the kids on the StoneWater float for the 4th of July parade this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment