4.08.2006

Humbled

Tonight was StoneWater's 1st Women's Night. It was amazing - and humbling. There were 75 ladies in attendance, and it was amazing (I said that, didn't I). I can't believe the way that StoneWater has touched lives and hearts. I sat in my seat listening to testimonies and looking at the banner above with the logo. All I could do was think back to those days of church planting class, the dark days of depression following Hudson's birth, and the craziness of moving here and not knowing a soul. Those days when we were searching for a name for this new church and, then a logo. The number of times we receive a logo and said, "no." And the ones we looked at and said 'maybe.' Until the final - 'that's it!' And I sat in a room tonight (and karaoked - against my will, but what do you do when they are calling your name, specifically, because you skipped out on your group earlier?) with women who have been touched by God as a result of StoneWater. All the doubts, all the frustrations, all exhaustion seemed to wash completely away and thankfulness, adoration, and humility replaced them.

It has been a long week and this has been a short weekend. This morning we had a group of about 15 run in the Project Graduation GHS fun run. I ran the whole thing! Yes, all 3.1 miles. Woo hoo. I've been in training for 2 weeks (actually, I just decided to start working out again to see if any of my parts will return to pre-baby days, or at least, pre-Hudson days - the things that boy did to me!).

You can all be praying about StoneWater's location. Jeremy spoke at the school board meeting on Monday to propose leasing the former Methodist Church that is right on the square. The gym would be perfect for our needs...there is just some negotiating to take care of. Plus, we would lose our stadium seats - so comfy. But, the room for growth would be great. We have a plan 'just in case' for next week for overflow of sending video feed into the next theater in case we fill the 10:30 service. And, should God bless us like he has been, it will be needed.

Hudson is talking more and more, but has found his new talent of locating pacifiers (since we're trying to take them away). He comes out of his room, or any room, with one in his mouth and one in his hand. He smiles behind that paci and sticks his head out as if to say 'look at me, look what I found.' We think we may also be taking him off of soy - let's just say we've decide and discovered after one week of rice milk that our life does not have to be one of total diaper blow outs...He's beginning to get that 'little boy' look over a baby or toddler look, and it's beginning to tug at my heart strings.

Jenna is beautiful and brilliant. She is a compassionate mother to her babies (with the exception of an occasional trip in the swing in the back yard). She keeps me entertained with her barrage of questions during our running trips - some nights I just have to say, "Mommy - can't - talk - now." She likes night runs the best because of the stars. Her hair is now below her waist when it is wet in the bathtub, otherwise she still has her curls. I want to get it cut, but then again, that's the last of the baby hair...heart strings again.

No comments: