5.04.2006

3 weeks & counting


Only 3 weeks of school left! I can't believe I've almost made or that I still have so much to get done. I have truly been blessed by this job. Again today, Ann said, in reference to AP classes, if you want them, you have them. I gave her a hearty "I do" and smiled. I am teaching Gatsby to my AP classes now, so I can spend more time on the 'deep' stuff than explaining what is happening. It is exciting. I love this stuff!

The kids are awesome. Hudson is becoming quite a talker. He picks up new words constantly, and really likes to show them off. He can identify his nose, eyes, ears, belly button, and hair. He just gets a little too excited when pointing your nose and eyes. Ouch. He is still stubborn - yesterday he kept turning on the water faucet, not a little, but full blast. If I snuck over and turned it down, he would hold the hose up, look at the water, pucker his lips and look at me, and then march over and turn it back up. After a long battle, we took the knob off of the faucet with a wrench. He screamed and cried for 30 minutes. Yes, we give him time outs and spank, but there is a point where you have to stop and move on before it becomes child abuse.

Jenna is a great big sister. She knows the eternal triangle of discipling - distract, correct, time out. She is a great distractor for her brother. She knows all of her days of the week and months of the year, letters, shapes, she is just too smart for me to tell you! She is my helper and encourager - "Mommy, you can do it!" She relishes in having her friends come over and seeing them at baseball games and the park.

Last weekend we had the fish fry for StoneWater. There were 480 in attendance of the services (that includes the 150 kids), and most stayed for the fish fry, fishing, and bounce houses. Yes, fishing. We had a 50 gallon 'tank' set up with 200 catfish for fishing for the kids. It was awesome! That night we headed over to Joey and Lisa's for some time with them. They happen to have some kittens, and the kids were enthralled. Hudson was almost too loving, we had to explain 'gentle' and not to squeeze. He kept holding them under one arm on his hip and would walk around. Jenna just loved to cuddle and play and transport. Too cute...here are some pictures of the big weekend.

No comments: