I have the pleasure of having one of my nephews, Carson, over to spend the night with Jenna tonight. I have now given the 15th warning of 'go to bed' and I don't think it is going to work, either.
Jeremy has been on the mission trip since Saturday, and boy do we all miss him. Jenna asks each morning, "Is Daddy coming home today?" She was quite glad to hear that tomorrow is the day this morning.
Jenna did an excellent job as flower girl in Cynthia's wedding. The wedding was beautiful. Jen very dutifully spread 3 to 4 petals every 4 steps. It was very methodical. She squirmed until Nana saved us with a LifeSaver (how appropriate), and then recessed out with the ring bearer with perfection. The cutest was the reception where she danced with the ring bearer. It made all the other dancing stop as everyone stopped to take pictures and video the cute little duo. He even spun her and tried to dip her, but she wasn't going for a dip.
Hudson had the pleasure of staying with Nana and Pawpaw White while we were doing the wedding. He still smiles and tells me about the "big cow" complete with arms spread apart to indicate big.
Yesterday I took the kids to Mom and Dad's to spend the night so she could keep them while I worked today. They were so ready to go! So, I had a restful, relaxing evening on my hands until 9:30 when my neighbor called. She suspected she had a dead chihuahua in her closet, and I assured her I would come to check. She was gone, alright. So, I stayed to let her break the news to the teenage girls, and then returned to help dig the burial plot. It was odd, but emotionless.
Well, it is time for warning #16, which will result in the end of Sleeping Beauty and the removal of flashlights. I'm glad they're having so much fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment