Maybe Jeremy shouldn't have kissed me the other night. Three of the four members of the White family are down with the "stuff" that is going around. I think I'm on the other side of the worst, Jeremy seems to be climbing up the hill, and Hudson seems to just be stuck in the middle.
We did all get a good nap today - over three hours. This means it's 10:04 and no one is tired, but we all feel better, so God used the rest to heal our bodies, and we are thankful for that. I have plenty of work to do, but I'm enjoying reading photography blogs and playing with the camera. It does some amazing things. It's a good thing the kids LOVE to be my subjects!
I am LOVING my Sheltered English class. I think at first they couldn't figure out if I wanted to be with them or just 'got stuck' with them, and now they know I'm into doing this. I also admitted I don't completely know what I'm doing, but I'm studying and expecting us to all work together to get better at English. I did quite well on my first quiz (they gave me a Spanish vocab quiz on the words they had to learn in English). When they say something in Spanish, I ask them to tell me what they said, and I try to repeat it. I butcher it, usually, and they are very patient to repeat with me. The situation ends up with me getting close and having to explain that I'm white and that's as close as it's going to get! They think it's funny. So, I'm dusting off some teaching strategies and programs that I've never 'been allowed' to use because it didn't fit current district curriculum and running with it. It's good, solid stuff, and I think it's going great so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment