1.20.2008

Uncle Mike's Home!


That's my brother - ON US SOIL AGAIN! I can't express how happy that makes me. God delivered him home, safe & sound. I'll get to see him tomorrow or Tuesday. This was the penacle of the week.

Friday I had one of "those" days. A parent tore into me for her child not doing well on the research paper. What I got from her questions and demeanor was that I didn't do enough and set her up for failure. What I couldn't get across to her was that I poured my life out and have worked for 10 years to make it as simple a process as possible if the student works in class. No one was happy; I cried after she left; she went all the way to the principal. In the grand scheme of things, it was not that big a deal; I just work so HARD to help these kids, and yet it's my fault when they fail. My principal and department head completely had my back.

To happier news: Jenna & Hudson are amazing. My babies have such wonderful little helper hearts. Today they helped me clean house - willingly and without complaining. We went to see "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" and got tacos as a treat.

No comments: