Problem: while loading the dryer, I notice the clothes are unusually wet; after next load, washer will not drain or spin
Solution: #1 - call dad, the man Jen & H have labeled "The Fixer" (I have many times been asked if I can be a fixer, and many times been told I am not "The Fixer"); #2 - order part from Sears online, do a little research
Quest: make sure I need this part, so, using fixitnow.com, the Samurai Appliance Repair Man, I set out to confirm what I need to order; save $450 on a new washer by buying either a $110 or $26 part to fix the existing washer




Pictures: washer after I took it apart (really just the outside cover), the broken switch (there should be a part in the middle so the hole doesn't show), the piece that's missing (I found in the next load of laundry), the solution until the part arrives (Yes, it's an odd sock)
Not only did I figure out the problem, take the washer apart, and reassemble to make sure of my diagnosis before ordering the part, BUT I found the part (26.99 + shipping at sears.com) on ebay for just 17.98 shipping included.
And, H has told me, "Mommy, you're a fixer!" Yes, I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment