Jenna finally lost her tooth:
It was a huge moment. It was nap time, and I had just drifted off when she came running in the bedroom, "Mom - my tooth! I just wiggled and wiggled, and it just came out - it hurt a little, but not too much, look, look!" Not the best mommy moment, I took it, put it on the bedside table and told her to go back to bed. I was sad when I woke up enough to realize I didn't celebrate the moment. But, we had a huge celebration later, and the toothfairy came that night. Immediately, the tooth beside #1 is loose. She's getting WAY too big.
We got the email from our accountant asking about our income. "For some reason the income we figured for withholding and housing isn't as large as reported on the W2." Translation - we're paying taxes - $1515 to be exact. I just wrote the check. Hmph. I'm still upset about it. The good news: when our check comes in May, when you add what we paid to the IRS & to the accountant - it's an even $0. Of course, we were looking at that check as a nice addition to the next egg for my part time or not working life.
We took the kids to the "Holy Land" for Spring Break vacation. A little trip to A&M to see my brother & his new house, show them the campus, and re-live some of our past. I didn't realize I had forgotten so many memories until I was back on campus! Made me want to go back and get my Ph.D. there, but it wouldn't be the same. Better to let memories live as memories. I'll post pictures as soon as I take all 150+ off the camera (some are just experiments). Michael's house is awesome. I'm so proud of him, and I didn't even help raise him! I guess the fact that we're finally able to communicate on a common level after being in different life stages for our whole lives is the real agent. He's done so well, and I just pray that he keeps it up.
I had the honor of being nominated as one of three candidates for teacher of the year at GHS. I was amazed and honored. I was a runner up, which, really and truly, is what I deserved. This has not been my best year in the last decade in regard to dedication or attitude. But, I am still very honored for the nomination, and it's got to help the job share argument - that just gives me more credibility in the district.
Hudson seems to be getting neglected here. He's really just holding as steady little H. He turned heads at A&M with his cuteness (little boy with Aggie cap on a John Deere bicycle with training wheels - who could resist that?). He almost took out a couple of students, but gave a friendly, "Howdy" in the process. Still molding that temper and enjoying the snuggles!
Jer is good, too. He's gearing up for Easter. It's been tough this year that Easter is at the end of Spring Break. He can't really loaf around with us like usual when we're off. He loves what he does, but has realized he's not a much fun as he used to be - so he's trying to bring the fun back to Jeremy - I'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment