Has it really been that long? Sorry, I was going to get better at this keeping everyone in the loop business.
Jeremy made it home safely, and it's been busy, busy, busy since! Joey and Lisa are settling in nicely, and we love hearing from them. The boys have had haircuts (which made Uncle Jeremy very happy) and Carson lost two more teeth! They're surfing and playing like crazy.
Jenna's tooth still hasn't fallen out. You can clearly see the one behind it, but the current one's not getting wiggly enough for her to pull. Since it's the first one, it's going to have to fall out for the most part. Hudson's either really good or really bad. His little temper and disobedience has us scratching our heads and trying to figure out what we've done wrong. There is really rhyme or reason to it that we can find, but we're still searching for the root of the cause.
I haven't heard anything on the job share, but, I have tracked down an opening at Weatherford College. With my Master of Ed., I'm eligible to teach classes in education, and that might be a good option if I can get hired. I think I might also like to take some grad courses in English at Tarleton. If I get 18 hours I can teach English at a junior college or small college without getting a whole other MA in English. Of course, a lot of that depends on income and other issues. I don't want to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire!
I have just three more weeks to finish my National Board Certification portfolio. I'm halfway done, and I have a good start on the other half. It's one of those things that I feel like I cut off my nose to spite my face - I wanted more certification (because a BA, experience, and M Ed. in Curriculum haven't been enough) to be able to teach what and how I feel it should be done according to the TEKS without anyone micromanaging, but it's really created a lot more work for me! It will be great to have, there are very few in this part of the nation, and even fewer in this part of Texas.
Church stuff is going great. Jeremy, Dave, and Chris presented on small groups at the church planter's retreat last weekend. I helped Jeremy teach on Sunday (talk about out of my comfort zone!) about marriage. I wish I knew more to report, but, honestly, I'm just trying to keep my head above water right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment