3.24.2008

All good things...

must come to an end according to Chaucer, and so Spring Break comes to an end this evening. We had today as a bad weather day, so the bonus was great!

The kids learned to ride bicycles without training wheels today! It was a momentous and exciting occasion, and, of course I have lots of pictures - and haven't uploaded a single one yet. I've got to learn to shrink my files in a timely manner so that I can share them with the world!

This is the last week I have to work on my National Certification, so that's priority #1, then I'm finishing up details on my sharing for a retreat (mostly done there, too) as priority #2. I hope to mail the NBPTS box on Thursday.

Church was amazing the count was 1091 adults, and we usually run 200 to 300 children (and there were far more this weekend) so we figure we can make our count around 1300 people - definitely our highest attendance! No, it's still not about the numbers, but numbers are a good way to measure growth, and if we can retain a good percentage, that will result in growth! Awesome - more people coming to know Christ!

Family wise - we had a great trip to my parents to meet my brother's girlfriend, Ashley. I gave my approval, as did Jenna, who's already calling her Aunt Ashley, and Hudson who says "she's really pretty." Hudson gave some levity as he asked, "Uncle Mike, you fallin' in love (with a long drawl on l-o-v-e)?" and "You kiss her on the lips?" Nothing like a 3 year old to ask what's on his mind! It's been quick, but I believe they have both found the real thing - of course, I've always known the lucky girl to snag Michael would have to be special. He's a good catch - patient, quiet, and dedicated.

No comments: