4.01.2008

Is the fish asleep or dead?

What do you think?

This was Jeremy's first question this morning as Jenna and I were making pancakes. Knowing that Bloopy (beloved betta fish) hadn't looked so good the last two days and that fish don't look much different asleep than awake, I knew the answer before I turned around to look. Jenna took it well, just asking when we were going to bury him.
However, when she made the announcement to Hudson, who doesn't wake up well, the result was a good cry. Sobbing, slobbering cry. What do you tell a 3 year old?

Bloopy will be interred today around 5:00 when we all get home from work and school. We will then go and let H choose a new fish and name it all by himself so that we 1) have another boy fish 2)Princess (the female betta) will have a friend.

No comments: