4.27.2008

Earrings and more...

One of the things we accomplished on our shopping trip was the piercing of the ears. We've always told Jenna that when SHE was ready, she could get her ears pierce. We were both indifferent to when. A couple of weeks ago, she declared herself reading. Previously, when she declared herself ready, we would remind her that it was going to hurt, and she would change her mind. This time, we've been steady for 2 weeks. She remembered this on the way to Fort Worth Friday. Again, I reminded her that it was going to hurt. Her mind was made up.

So, after our trips to other stores, we marched into the mall. She picked out sparkly pink earrings and mounted the chair smiling from ear to ear. We pierced the first ear - and the whole Hulen Mall heard us. I comforted, and loved, I praised. She declared she was finished. She cried so hard she had a nose bleed. I finally had to tell her that we WERE going to pierce the other ear. After more screaming, I told her to hold on to my arm tight, and the girl gave it to the other ear. She's glad she did it now, but it was rough.



Then, after we got home and rested up, Jeremy got home. So, what are we going to do tonight? We decided to go camping!Out to Jer's parents'. The marshmallow roasting was great, as were our explorations...



1 comment:

jo said...

Hey Misti!, just saw your blog linked on jen sprayberry's blog, (who i saw on lisa's blog) Saw the ear piercing post, we just went through SAME thing, except Reagan (3) went with one earing for a month. Have a great week!