2.22.2008

Daddy's coming home!

Jeremy will return in just a few hours (hopefully), and we'll all reunite after a full week away. Joey, Lisa, and the boys are now residents of San Diego. We are so excited for them! While in California, Jeremy had the opportunity to do a little surfing - he got up and stayed up for 5 seconds!

Our week went smoothly without him; without a doubt, that was due to the many people who were praying for us. I know Jacqui (my teacher friend) lifted us up specifically each morning, and I'm so grateful for her time. Jacqui has taught me so much about prayer, faithfulness in prayer, and believing God as you pray. She is also my dear job share partner. God placed us both here in his perfect timing with his perfect plan.

Now that I have shared with all of the people around me who truly needed to know first, the decision I alluded to a couple of weeks ago is that Jeremy and I have reached a decision that I will not continue teaching next year if the job share does not go through. The demands on our time and the time teaching takes me away from my family, stress it produces, and ugliness it produces in me were not worth it. It's huge - it's scary - it's losing half of our income! But, it's right. It feels good. As soon as we decided, it was as if a huge boulder was taken off of my shoulders. My principal and department head are both very supportive in my decision. I have no doubt that I will return one day, but right now my kids and husband need me. My church and friends need me. God has so clearly paved this decision. I have always told Him that if I am ever to quit teaching, He would have to remove my passion and love for teaching. It's weird to think losing your passion for something you love is good, but it is good and He has removed it. I'm almost devoid of any excitement, it's all about duty and pressure of producing good test results.

Just today I got more word on the job share. If the person who seems to need to make a decision says nothing in one more request from my principal, she is making the decision. And her decision is a YES! So, stay on your knees - a "yes" or a "no decision" are our best answers!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'll be praying for you guys & this decision!