StoneWater:
Jeremy can't give me a good count of baptisms, but seems to think the number is in the 30s or 40s. The rise of leaders and those whole lives have changed because they've allowed God to take control has been amazing. Plus, God blessed the church with an amazing piece of property for a church building. It was a great experience that was also quick. Compared to some of the other places we had been watching, it was so clearly God's will that we all just had to smile. In addition, we were blessed enough that SW was able to pay cash for the property. The existing house has been converted into permanent offices that will be ready around the end of the month! This continues to be an exciting step. I, of course, am overwhelmed and worried, but I know that God will do amazing things. My faith has greatly increased as a result of StoneWater and what I've seen God do in 3 1/2 short years.
Jeremy: (this will be brief)
His mostly focused on the church - the blessings of new staff, new land, new believers. Luckily, he included the family, too (ha)! He turned 35 this year, and I crack up about it. He's wanted to be 35 for as long as I can remember. Really. It's something about "35" that sounds, to him, more distinguished. I've seen him grow in wisdom and maturity in the last few years, so I guess it's fitting for him. I haven't asked him permission to share the people or his goals for the blog world, so I'll wait on that for now.
Misti:
My biggest praise is my job share! God amazed me with that one, especially since everyone around me kept trying to carefully caution me that it wasn't going to work out. It was a long, drawn out wait (I submitted the proposal in October 07, and we didn't hear anything until May 08). I just had such a peace about waiting (that's NOT the norm, waiting is not my specialty) and such a confidence. I love the time it gives me for my family. I am also realizing I don't want to be nor do I have to be Superwoman. I think realizing I don't WANT to be has been the biggest release I've had in a long, long time.
My love for running has returned after a little bout with tendinitis in my knee. I think not being able to run made me realize how much I really loved it and needed it just as much mentally as I did physically. Also, I have learned so much with my camera and about photography as a whole. It's so much more than having a good camera and snapping away! I had no idea a year ago, but I love it all the more. And, I've really come a long way considering a year ago I was still taking pictures that were completely black! Ha! Amy Coffey - thank you for all you've shared with me i the photography realm and in friendship.
God gave me some great influences this year (and I know I'll forget someone, so I hesitate to name any names) - my accountability partners through 2008, thanks for listening, encouraging, and holding me accountable. If you don't have an accountability partner - you should get one! Not only do they listen, but I know that what I share will come back, so I better take action. Thank you, ladies. My co-workers: thanks for holding me to what I need to do, encouraging, and pushing me to become better. Beth Moore, Andy Stanley, and Perry Noble - you don't know I exist, but thank you for listening to and following God because you've shaped me this year. Amy McKay - in fitness, life balance, and encouragement. Amy finds and shares the positive side in everything.
On that note, this year my biggest goal is to be still and surrender to God. It hit me when Jeremy was speaking Sunday that I really haven't surrendered my whole self to Him. Most areas, yes; all, no. I fully believe that's why I'm still in the "in between" land of "what I am supposed to do?" Andy Stanley had a great series "Discovering God's Will for your Life," and he included that most people want God to tell them what He wants so we can say yes, but God wants us to say yes even before we know. We all know that I'm not comfortable without a plan. I know where I am (outside of full surrender) and I'm still dragging my feet, but I have the knowledge, so this year I'll take the plunge. I don't even know what that means, so we'll find out!
Other goals:
- Run a marathon. It probably won't be San Diego, but I will run one. Either April or May.
- Learn more about lighting in photography & work on my composition.
- I will be a more positive person and focus on other people more.
- I will spend more time with my family, specifically my children and show them gentleness, love, and fun.
Jenna: (I'll speak for her)
My baby girl started school. She lost her two front teeth. She's a delightful little girl, and I love watching her grow. God has blessed her with health and lots of love. Her favorite things at this point are snuggles with any of us, Maggie the cat, school, and cartoons. She is kind and compassionate, and I just can't get enough of her.
Hudson:
Hudson eagerly learns from his sister, and has sided with Dad this year. Until now, he's been Momma's boy, but I lost him in 2008. I know it's a part of growing up, so it's neat to watch him walk in Jeremy's footsteps. His favorite things are wrestling, football, and hunting. He is a smart little boy, and he's all boy. I love the little moments I do get for snuggling, and, too, can't get enough.
Other family:
Dad & Mom Fulton finished building & moved to the country. I said goodbye to my childhood home.
Michael (my brother) finished his second tour in Iraq and came home safely! He is now "stationed" at A&M, married to sweet Ashley. It feels so good to have him home!
Dad & Mom White: Melba continued to work on her crafts and Bob continues to doctor the animals.
Joey & Lisa moved to California. They have planted one church and just started the second. Caden is 9, Carson in 6 and is in full remission from his leukemia, and Corban is 3.
Jacki is engaged to be married to Miles in June. She's teaching 1st grade.
If you're new to the blog - glance around & you'll find plenty of pictures. If you come back periodically, you'll see plenty of pictures and know lots (possibly more than you want) about what's up with the White family.
1 comment:
Those are some great goals. I think we need to add "goals for 2009" to our list next time. I need to set some goals. I know it's already the 8th but it's never too late to make changes for the better. :)
Post a Comment