Thanksgiving is a lot about thanks, but it's a lot about craziness, too. We saw a lot of family and had some great visiting along with great food. My mom was careful to prepare dressing and side dishes that the kids could eat - it's different when others cook for my bunch now. I missed Michael, and Jenna even chimed in. After we left my maternal grandmothers (the one with six children of her own that has now grown to well over 100 family members), Jenna was contemplating that she had "a whole bunch of cousins" and then she asked, "Where was Michael." I guess she figured she had seen everyone, but he was missing. So, we explained his absence again, and she asked, "When I see him?" That was tough, but I'm thankful, above all, that he is in Germany, and not Iraq; that he is safe and sound. We're waiting on a little message to let us know his "fate" in the Army...(that's a hint, Mike).
We had the traditional "White girl" shopping trip on the day after Thanksgiving. This year none of us had any "hot" item on our list, so we slept in and didn't leave until 7:00. It is SO much fun, and this year we got to shop late...until 5:00. I'm almost finished - now for the wrapping!
I spent the last couple of days with a pink, mattery eye that was fastened shut each morning. The doctor agreed that it is infected, but no pink eye. My students have been fastidious about insisting that I should go home, after all, I had pink eye. I assured them I would not rub my eye and then come and touch them, high school is NOT touchy-feely. I can reassure them tomorrow...they'll be crushed that I don't have to get a sub (don't be tricked, they don't really care, they want a sub!).
Jenna is still staying clear. I have found a "new" lotion with the Melaluca company, and it is AWESOME! Even Jenna's dry, scaly skin stays soft. Of course, the diet is important too. She continues to amaze us with her young wisdom and insight.
Hudson found his favorite movie - Robots. All we can figure out is it is mechanical - he laughed (growled and grunted) so loudly that Jenna kept complaining and turning it up louder. It was hilarious. By the way, that is one funny movie!
Tomorrow we will put up Christmas lights - we bought them tonight. I'll post some pictures, because Jeremy is getting into the competitive spirit with the neighbors (I restrained him to just the lights on the house, he was about to head into bushes, trees, sidewalk, etc.). Jenna can't wait, and I"m sure Hudson will be into something!
No comments:
Post a Comment