10.31.2008

Halloween

Okay, here is some of the other stuff I've been doing...

Jeremy and I had the opportunity to attend a marriage retreat at the Franklin Family Ranch. We LOVE this place. Peaceful. Beautiful. I swear the minute I see the gates and we enter, the worries of the world just melt away from me. It could be the delightful 3 hour drive where we have no little voices in the back making requests, arguments, or just chattering. We have real adult conversation. I LOVE that. I also love our stop at Bluebonnet Cafe where we have pie - my favorite is the fudge - complete with ice cream and whip cream. Yum. So, about the time we enter the gates, the sugar rush is calming, too. I've always loved the animals (it's an exotic game ranch), and this year I had a camera with which to shoot. My zoom needed to be a little, well, zoomier, but I got this guy pretty well. At first it made me want a big zoom lens, but, really, to use it once a year, nevermind.
We went to a Halloween Party for the Life Group Coaches...games, carving pumpkins, eating, and fun...Notice Jenna holding her nose. She has an "expensive" nose as she said when she was 2 - sensitive is an understatement. If it smells bad, she's probably going to throw up. Evidently, they carved pumpkins at school, and she had to leave the room for heaving.




And, I mentioned the costumes. This year on superhero day, a former student of mine was dressed as an Incredible. It was instant inspiration for me...


So, in case you wondered, yes, we are dorks. But, it was fun to go all dressed up as a family to the square with the kids. Some people just didn't get it. One guy, "Hey, look, they're iPods." Uh, no. But, as other people realized, "Ah, The Incredibles, how cute" I realized how cheap Halloween can be! Happy Halloween!

No comments: