Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It would be Christmas, but our society has skewed Christmas so far from what it is supposed to be that I find myself frustrated. So, I like to focus on Thanksgiving because it is a time we stop and practice being thankful. With that, here is my thankful list…
- God. I have to admit this wasn't first in the beginning, but as I proofed my list, I noticed the prevalence of God in my thoughts. Duh! And, it seems like a very wise pastor I know always reminds me that God should be above everyone else, as a matter of fact, I think that's what we practice teaching our kids!
- My husband. God is so good, and Jeremy is one of the ways I see that. I love to see how God uses him in the lives of others through the church, with our children, and, of course, with me. We all know I can get pretty neurotic and OCD about things, and Jeremy has the best manner of knowing how to calm me and redirect me. He puts up with my hard-headedness and can make me laugh in an instant.
- Jenna and Hudson – how precious are they? I truly value their giggles, questions, hugs, and snuggles. I was looking at them this week as we all snuggled in bed after Jeremy had gone hunting, and something hit me. I was never one of those people who dreamed about what her life would be, but somehow, my kids are exactly what I always expected, but without the expecting it (yeah, that’s hard to follow).
- StoneWater. All aspects of what God has given us and done through StoneWater. The friends that are really an extension of family. The life changes that I’ve been allowed to see. The fulfillment that I see in my husband as God continues to use him. The increase in my faith that has happened as I have seen God do amazing things through two brothers when Joey came to Jeremy with this vision of starting a church. Thanks, God, that you didn’t let my fear and doubt stand in the way.
- Friends. You all know who you are. Know that I value each and every one of you. Thank you for your influence on my life, and know that I treasure you.
- My job. But, teaching is truly a passion in my life (most days), and I have been blessed to enjoy it on a part time basis. I love working with those crazy teenagers, and hope that I make a positive influence on their lives beyond reading and writing!
Again, I find it funny that I never spent a lot of time in my teen years planning where I would live or what I would do. But, somehow, my life is completely as I imagined it and perfectly fitting for me. I can say, without a doubt, there is not one single thing I would change. I am thankful.
1 comment:
We do have so much to be thankful for. How cool of God to give us so much. All of us Sprayberry's are thankful for your sweet family! You are all such a blessing to us.
Post a Comment