10.27.2005

been awhile

When Mom notes that the blog isn't up to date, you know it's been a while (no offense, Mom).

It's been a crazy week, but that's always my excuse. StoneWater welcomed 234 people to the service Sunday, so we had to regroup with Joey & Lisa Tuesday night. They and the boys came over for supper. I had a turkey Mom gave me (thanks again, Mom) and made corn and green beans. Lisa made dressing, dumplings, pumpkin bread, a salad, and brought cranberry sauce. Together, we had Thanksgiving (and we must be getting older because it all tasted like our grandmother's).

Wednesday I went to a TAKS workshop to see how those silly essays are graded. Since we are 'unacceptable' according to TEA because of that test, I'm arming myself with knowledge. I think I can talk the talk and teach the material according to my standards and work in what the State wants. I just can't bring myself to teach to the test, but I will incorporate what the kids need to be successful. Really, it's just plain ol' good writing, unlike the days of TAAS. (Teacher talk can be awful, huh). But, when I woke up I felt a little sick, but shrugged it off. Hudson 'gave back' his breakfast and then I discovered his supper was on his pillow (and he never even cried Tuesday night). Anyway, little H stayed home with Jer, and I went to Ft. Worth for my training. I felt worse, and worse, and worse. By 3:30 when we got in the van, I just wanted to die. I got home at 5:00 and crawled into bed. I just couldn't make it; usually I can limp along until the kids make it to bed, but my head hurt too bad and my tummy too. At 5:30 this morning, I was 100% better. Not 100%, but better.

Today was good. The kids were happy when they got home. We had small group (Life Group) and had 17 people and 11 kids. The kids were at our house with some FABULOUS care takers (Denise from Hudson's school and Amber and Alyssa from next door)!

No comments: