10.18.2005

fixed

We have the computer back! It was a speedy fix, and if you live in the area, I am another fan of Tweak Geeks. He cleaned A LOT of stuff up and added some RAM - only $140- that's a bargain compared to other quotes!

Kids are good - a little itching, but October seems to be a tough month - if only the weather would cool off again.

It's just so nice to open a program or click on a page, and the computer actually GOES!

Now, as for school, today was AWFUL. It is about a mile (okay, only 1/2) from my parking spot to my portable. So, on mornings that I have a lot to carry in or I am running late, I just park by the rail, off the road, by my portable. I was told to stop. So, I scaled it back and haven't parked there in a month. Well, this morning I had to take my school laptop in (lots of issues, mostly my gradebook and progress reports go out Friday) after my first class, so I decided to park there for ONE HOUR. As my first class began, I saw the police car beside mine. I finally decided just to face up and go and take my ticket face to face. Well, he was REALLY rude, and I started crying. He told me I was a constant violater (and I'm not) and that I had to move my car immediately or it would be towed. I had students arriving to my class and I just couldn't leave them alone for the 15 minutes it would take me to move it. I begged him to let me wait, and he got on his CB and began to call for a tow. I apologized, but told him that the safety and responsibility of my class was more important...I went to class - crying. Then, I got a nasty email from the front office about my "flagrant disregard for school policy and city law". Those of you who know me understand that this KILLED me. Well, long story short, by 10:00 (when class was over) I had not been towed, and I moved the car (since I had to take my dear laptop in). I vowed to all of my administrators that I would NEVER park there again. I feel like a heel and I feel stupid and I don't really want to show my face there again.

No comments: