Thank God, Almighty, I am free at last...I hope Mr. King is not rolling in his grave at my use of his quote in reference to research papers. I finally finished those boogers. I cannot express the weight that is off of my shoulders! Now I can get caught up on the 'easy' grading. School is going well; students like anything with sex in it, and we're reading "The Crucible," so they're into it.
The kids are cute and cuddly as ever. Although, I am having a mommy moment. It's time to remove the baby paraphanelia - and I'm having a hard time. I know I don't desire any more children (and it's a good thing, because we took care of that), but it's hard to let go of your babies being babies. I cleaned out the bottles, which is hard, because that was our special cuddle time, the only time he would really cuddle and not struggle to get down. I also cleaned out the baby towels, those hooded cuties don't really work anymore. While I love the newfound cabinet space, it just means my baby is growing up...I'm a little nostalgic today, it would be a good day to scrapbook!
1 comment:
I still haven't given up the hooded towels and put them away for #2, whenever he/she might come along, so we still actually use those (and they are the infant ones, not the toddler ones that I've seen advertised)...and I understand. We're in the process of cleaning our of "office/guest room" and we have the "crib" parts of the toddler bed and Kellen's changing table disassembled, ready to back to his parents for storage until #2 comes along. It makes me sad every time that I look at that stuff. Kellen looked at it this morning and said, "Mommy change Kellen diapers!" I was amazed that he remembered what the contoured changing pad actually was - We have his twin bed ready to go with Matt to work so that he can sand and paint it, and it will soon be replacing the toddler bed...I'm really not sure that I'm ready for that transition, either...
Post a Comment