We've been unofficially official for a month + now, but official word has been slow on coming. I was moving stuff this week when my dept head told me, "I don't know when we'll find out." I knew it wasn't as official as I had been told, but that kind of set me back a little. That was Wednesday, and Marsha (principal) also told me that day that she was meeting with the slow moving one the next day - Thursday. So, when I saw her in the workroom Friday morning and she didn't say anything, my stomach dropped a little. Marsha always greets, always encourages, but nothing. I was really okay with it - moving it all to storage was my biggest concern.
At 9:12, I got this message:
I just received a call to inform me that the English Job-Share proposal for next year has been approved!
ARRGH!
Marsha
I couldn't help but squeal with delight and jump up & down (with a room full of 22 Advanced Placement Juniors who were busy playing their games designed for The Great Gatsby). One minute later, Jana, dpt chair, came in squealing, too. It was contagious (and disruptive to the whole hall which was taking finals). We are all so excited! I have a job! I have the flexibility to be with my family! I know there will be trials and setbacks and frustrations, but I am so ready to do this. This morning I saw the curriculum coordinator for English and we spoke a little. She's excited, too! It makes me feel valued, it makes me feel like I'm making a difference (hopefully this will catch on for other teachers, too), it makes me feel like I can truly put my family first. Praise God!
No comments:
Post a Comment