Mother's Day was awesome - the kids remembered with no one prompting them - really, Jer was already at church by the time they got up. I hung out at my parents' new house in the country - peaceful and beautiful. This allowed me to play with the camera. Unfortunately, I didn't have one single person get a picture of me with my mom. Duh. The picture is just a week where I'm practing my depth of field and aperture relationship. I like the blur in the background, but not too much (this one is too much, but it's fun).
The MOST fun was the kids in the hammock. New experience. In, flip - down on the ground. I haven't laughed that hard in a L - O - N - G time. The picture doesn't do it justice except that it was so fast, I didn't have the shutter speed fast enough to catch it. It was a round of applause from the grandparents & parents!
The other fun was watching the kids with their frogs from the creek. Jumpy the Jump Frog (Jenna's) was all over the place. She made a bed for him in a tree (see picture). Of course, when it was time to let him go, she said he was asleep. Yes, he was, Jumpy the Jump Frog and Jenna the 5 year old had too much fun. "Jenna, I think he's dead." "No, his guts are still in, he's just sleeping really good." This is my prissy, girly daughter who is also a tomboy. Pink dress, in trees, chasing frogs & spiders, not wanting to sweat, talking about guts. She's a bag of oxymorons in a little body.
Teacher moment of the day: Phoned home to make contact on a kid who probably isn't going to pass for the semester. Habits of not turning in work, same conversation we have approximately every 3 weeks. "Well, maybe you need to make a way for kids like xxxxxxx who just don't like to do work to pass your class without doing the work." Did she really say that? Yes.
No comments:
Post a Comment