The kids are fantastic. They got a trip to both grandparents' homes over the weekend, so they got lots of outside time to fill them up and lots of grandparent hugs. Since then, we've been busy trying to keep them from pummeling each other. I guess it's spring fever, but they're very rambunctious. Jenna's lip was busted tonight. Hudson feigned ignorance, Jenna was screaming so loudly I couldn't get to the bottom. "The pillow just hit her," was H's eventual confession. Don't you hate when pillows just up and knock the pookie out of you? In his defense, it was the pillow fight I had told them to stop moments before heading to the closet to hang up clothes, so he wasn't in trouble. Ice, love, healed.
Church update: StoneWater has a contract on the land. We're in the due diligence period of checking it all out. But, it looks amazing. Amazing. God provides! There's a blog about land and facilities you can get to from the SWC web site (www.stonewaterchurch.com).
Job share update: there's not one. They've filled 3 of the jobs and still won't post the one vacated by the job share. Worried? No. I'm at total peace. I do find it interesting and encouraging that summer school for the first time will feature the option for teachers to job share - either morning or afternoon. That has to be a good sign, right? I still feel a peace and an excitement.
Knee: FRUSTRATION. My new shoes came in and 3 mile run - great, 4 mile run - no problem. Pain free - amazing! Shoes are a little firmer than I like, but for pain free, I'll take it. Today I set out for a 6 miler - I haven't had a good long run in weeks and weeks. Perfect temperature, great message from Andy Stanley on the ipod. Mile 4.5, mild pain, no sweat. Mile 5, intense. Between mile 5 and 6, I had to stop 3 times and anyone could hear me grunting. I'm very, very frustrated, angry, and sad. It's not the pressure of my step, it's the swinging movement from back to front with my stride. I'm just so sad. Other than the pain, it was a glorious run - refreshing mentally, emotionally (until the pain), and physically. I guess it's back to the gym tomorrow for the bike and elliptical (and miss the beautiful weather).
Sorry for the lack of updates & pictures. I'm working to balance the checkbook & credit card from March (yes, I know that's bad and SOOO not like me). Being able to always see your balance online is not very motivational for me and add to that the computer transfer. Plus, I'm working on learning my camera, re-learning Photoshop Elements (I upgraded to 6.0 from 3.0, and it's different), and, more than anything, hanging with the family. I promise I'll get better!
Have I mentioned that hanging with the family has been amazing?!
1 comment:
Didn't know if you use photoshop... I ran across this article, hope it may helps...
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Color-Image-Look-Like-a-Sketch-in-Photoshop
Post a Comment