Friday I was responsible for delivering the kids to daycare. It's unusual because Jer is the daycare expert, but he had a few meetings. So, I got up a little earlier; kids, too. I was rockin' - I had the kids at daycare early enough that I was even at work by 7:45. I don't know how I did it, but it was smooth - no yelling or anything. Jer emailed me to ask what kind of diaper I put on H. We have Luvs 3 & 4 and Pampers 4, so I was worried one had caused a rash, reply "Luvs size 3, why." I had to laugh out loud when I received the response, "Nope, bare bottom size 16 months." OOPS. I had the same feeling last night. After scrubbing the grout between the tiles in the kitchen floor (it's been painted white, so the grout cleaner is too harsh) I set to shampoo the carpet in the dining room. Successfully finished, I was about to place the bag back on the vacuum...dirt fell out. My Kirby is never like that, so I inspected. Somehow the bag had come off of the hose and all of the filth had built up on the inside of the material bad - yuck, gross, disgusting. And, I discovered, I'm out of bags. Thanks, Karnes family, for bringing me one to church so I could clean up my floor. Spic and span, thank you very much!
Jenna just received a 'new' TV for her room from the grandparents White and the grandparents Fulton are contributing a DVD player. I never intended to let her have this, and I won't let her watch it yet, but I'm a little tired of some of the movies, and want her to have the opportunity to watch them in her room (and I"ll have the opportunity for some TV watching myself). It will also allow her to play her Interact TV Uncle Mike gave her back in September, but our DVD player won't support (dumb electronics).
Hudson is becoming a talking fool. Of course, you have to know what he's saying, and he isn't very forgiving when you get it wrong. His newest phrase is, 'oo a dat' = Look at that. I LOVE baby talk - love it, love it. He is happiest outside, so the mild winter is a wonderful thing for him. It will be awful when it's 120 this summer, though. He'll be a good swimmer, he already turns on his tummy and kicks in the bathtub.
Jen is the best big sister in the world. She's good to include Hudson - if she's playing with a baby, she gives him a tiger because "boys don't play with dolls." If she's doing something 'big girl' she'll close and lock her door, but when he starts to protest, she usually calls, "just a minute, I put it up little brother."
Ah, darling children.
No comments:
Post a Comment