Okay, I seem to be coming out of it, but I've been a tremendous grump the whole week. I am coming out of the fog, but it's not been pretty. Today I almost jumped across the counter of Walgreens and took out the pharmacist assistant. Monday when I went to fill H's antibiotic, they told me 20 minutes; an hour later I left. Today Jer went to pick up an antihistamine, and they said it hadn't been called in. I phone, and it had been called in. I was then told they were working on it; when I arrived to pick it up, they couldn't find it. They said they were out of stock, but trying to find a generic. They found one, and I waited. As I waited to pay, the woman behind the counter rudely commented to another customer, "Yes, you were wise to take care of this in advance, people who get a script and expect it to be ready instantly should take a lesson from you" (direct look at me). I was FURIOUS. I phoned that morning to take care of it...and you know, the medicine was NOT generic, so I don't know what that story was about.
Today I was accused of failing a student because of a personality conflict. First, numbers don't equate and consider "personality conflicts;" they are just numbers. Second, I don't know when students misbehaving and giving attitude in class became a 'personality conflict' but when I was in school, it was called disrespect and disrupting class. Ah, the profession of teaching. After some raging crying, I am at peace again (and the numbers still don't calculate any differently).
No comments:
Post a Comment