
More serious...yesterday was Grandparent Lunch at Jen's school. Nina (my mom) and Nana (Jer's mom) both came to eat with Jenna. A little girl sat across from them. So, Nana said, "So, are you a friend of Jenna's?" She replied, "No, Jenna won't play with me," to which Jen hung her head, a trait when something's true, but she knows it's wrong. Jenna leaned over, "Nana, she's not nice." I asked Jenna about it later, and she told me, "Mom, she doesn't make good decisions and has to sign the book. I don't want to be her friend." Okay, I got a little proud of her - doesn't want friends who are rule breakers - that's a good thing. So, we discussed how it's good to be friendly and nice, but you don't have to play with them. :)
Serious...this week's study has been to focus on Believing God is Who He Says He is. Why do you believe in God, because if you don't understand that, why have faith in Him. I've just always believed in God, that's how I was raised, but that's not the point of the study. So, I've been thinking. One day I had to list things that "most eloquently express[ed] His existence to [me] personally." My children - pregnancy, birth, perfection of their design, purity of their love; sunsets; flowers; solution to Jen's eczema after every doctor (2 ped. allergists, 2 ped. dermatologists, and 1 ped) told us we'd never figure it out, we had to learn how to live with it. I remember sleeping with her, bawling, restraining her to keep her from scratching, begging God to make it stop, pleading, bargaining. Look at her today!


I know the pictures are both heartbreaking and out of focus - sorry - old camera, very bad photography skills.
So, this morning as I ran, I continued to reflect...how do I know God is who He says He is? It was intimidating as first, but now that I think about it more and more, every detail of my life speaks to the fact that He is who He says He is.
4 comments:
i am so glad that jen. is so much better. you are a great mom,you never gave up. like you said look at her now.
Wow. That IS heartbreaking. Poor little thing.
You look awesome today! Ha! I bet that was QUITE a sight. That's sweet that Jenna wasn't embarrassed to be seen with you. I'm pretty sure Emma would have been. :)
Oh my. I could not let those pictures go by without saying something. What a horrible thing for a child to have to deal with. Praise God that He helped you find a doctor who could help!!
That's a great post. I really needed to hear that- God IS who He says he is. Poor little Jenna. God is a healer isn't He!
Post a Comment