Our holiday weekend has been busy, productive, and tons of fun. Today I made a hunting vest for Hudson. Yeah, a hunting vest for a little kid. Seems he enjoyed dove hunting (which I personally don't like because they mate for life; you kill one of them and the other is alone for the rest of his or her life. This is the point where Jer calls me a tree hugger - yep, I am. I guess it all became clear the first time I dove hunted with him and I saw him pop a head off; I know it was dead, but, well, it's just not right, I don't care that he and Hudson enjoyed eating them tonight).

Jenna and I did some shopping while the boys were busying murdering, I mean, hunting. She chose material to make a blanket, ribbon to make collars for her stuffed doggies, a couple of pair of shoes for her as we mostly have flip flops, and I chose some terrific brownie mix. Yes, all brownie mix is pretty much terrific, but finding mix that contains no milk, egg, or nut traces is virtually impossible for it to also be good. Even the kind I usually get isn't good enough for me to eat, luckily the kids don't know the difference. Today we found Cherrybrook Kitchen. Wow - this is my new favorite, period. Add to that it's free of all allergens, bingo, we have a winner. Glad I bought 4 boxes! Those of you facing us in the weight loss challenge - do not be fooled, small tastes only!
Otherwise, I've done a lot of crafting and building relationships & NO schoolwork because it's all done! Wow, this is going to be such a great year!
4 comments:
I can definitely feel your happiness & contentedness in your words! God IS good. I'm happy for you, Misti!
I am so excited for- really deeply excited. God's joy is the most incredible thing. It makes me smile for you! BTW- Justin would know better than me, but I think pregnancy can expand your ribs- it sounds familiar. I'll ask the expert!
i am glad you are having a good year. your dress was beautiful,
Okay, after getting our first SC electric bill, the Grahams are interested in your energy saving tips! Also, one time during a Thomas Thanksgiving get-together, my uncle went on some hunting TV show. My tree-hugger aunt stood up and said "Oh, just what I want to watch: mass murder!!!!" Then she left the room in a huff. Too funny!
Post a Comment