9.17.2005

Goodbye, Gig 'em

No, that's not a reference to the Aggies today. No, we didn't put the dog down. Today, just a little while ago, Gig 'em went home with John. John is the guy who called first to respond to our ad for a free dog. Howdy & Gig 'em joined us at our house last week, and we knew we couldn't keep both. I've been supposed to place the ad for months now, and I either forgot or put it off. Well, this was the week. The ad hit the internet & paper yesterday, and around 7:30am we had our first call. Gig 'em is heading for a family where she will have 10 acres, cows to chase, kids to sleep with INSIDE at night, and a truck to ride in. Yes, I'm crying, but, wow, she hasn't had it that good since before we had kids. As confirmation, after we all played outside a little this morning, Jenna's neck, eye, and face swelled where Gig had licked her. Howdy's not a licking dog, and he's Jer's hunting dog, so he is staying.

Otherwise, we're having a plain ol' weekend. We actually have nothing scheduled for the day! I have a teacher's files from school, so that just made my life a little less stressful.

No comments: