9.30.2005

Snowed Under

The lack of posting should clue you in that this week has been a monster. The kids, work, housework, it all came crashing in on me this week. This is the first week that I've even had the thought, "Why did I sign up to work." Fortunately, I love my job and co-workers, AND I got paid this week.

Jenna started battling eczema and nasal/eye allergies on Tuesday, and last night I was up with her as she scratched and screamed. I think it was more a hallucination of the medicine (atarax always weirds her out), but it was agony until 12:00. Today she's been happy and good.

Hudson was so cranky and not sleeping for the first part of the week and last weekend that I was convinced, by Monday night, he was getting an ear infection. Tuesday's doctor visit revealed no infection, but 4 molars and two canine's coming in. So, cranky and sleepless he was. His scream, by the way, is the MOST ANNOYING SOUND IN THE WORLD. It drives me batty. He's back to his antics and laughing. As a matter of fact, he was up until about 20 minutes ago - happy. He's never up past 8:30 and still happy, unless we're with friends. I looked at him as he laid his head in my lap and asked, "Are you ready for bed?" He popped his head up and nodded. He's still learning to nod, so his nodding, grinning self fell over in the floor since he lost his balance. Oh, if I could have found the video camera!

Jeremy has been the most stressed I've seen him since we moved. You know in psych class they always talked about 'stress' and 'eustress' and how one was good (I think it was eustress - help me out here, folks), any way, he's been living on 'eustress' but the 'stress' got him this week. His message just wasn't working. He saw that as a sign that it wasn't the right message. Seeing everything else that has happened this week, I saw it as a sign that it was right on target. I talked him into taking a nap today (since I was off for the allergist visit), and after he woke up, within 30 minutes, it all just gushed out. Presto, message finished!

Allergist - Hudson can have soy and wheat, they are only level 1 and 2, but no milk, eggs, or peanuts. So, the life I have adapted to with Jenna over the last year, will carry over to Hudson. Jenna will have a blood allergy test next week, so we'll know if she's really allergic to milk and eggs, or if we're just making life harder. Of course, if she's not, I still have to modify for Hudson, so, it really doesn't matter (except she can have all the good stuff). I, meanwhile, have dropped the whole 'healthy food only' rule. I fed Hudson all organic, fresh, homemade baby food, and look at him - he's an allergy mess. So, I now let him eat potato chips - Lays are just potatoes and fat (and he likes the salt)!

I woke Thursday, barely able to move, and my back still has some awful catch in it. I need to grade 91 more research papers, and haven't read anything that I"m teaching this week. I have one load of laundry to fold (the one in the dryer doesn't count since I can't see it), three to wash, a house to clean, oh, and I haven't studied the Stepping Stone lesson, yet. Hmmmmmm......

No comments: