7.29.2008

Coveting Prayers

No one's hurt or ill.

Jenna had one baby tooth that never came in. Peds all said not to worry, and then last year the dentist saw it - an undeveloped baby tooth in her gum. "That's got to come out." Off to the oral surgeon. "Teeth are funny little things. If they sense the slightest resistance, they won't come in." (aside: so, why did all 4 of my wisdom teeth push with great resistance on my other teeth while trying to grow in the wrong direction so that I had to have all 4 cut out?) Last summer, when I got the news (last July), I put it off. Until, this July. Nothing has changed. So, I set up the appointment for this Friday. Jenna will go in at 9:30 to take her sedating medicine, at 10:00 they'll start the IV, and do 'the procedure' which will last about 15 minutes. Supposedly she'll bounce back incredibly quick after a groggy Friday. So, what, you may ask, is the big deal. I'm TERRIFIED of sedating her. HORRIFIED. Like, I lay in bed at night and make myself cry because I'm so FREAKED OUT that she's not going to wake up. I fear they'll oversedate her. I have expressed my concerns to the dentist, and he's very reassuring. I'll state my fears, probably while crying, again on Friday. Anyway, please pray for Jenna to not have pain, to not have fear (I've hidden all emotion from her - calm & cool), and to have a speedy recovery. Pray that I won't have a nervous breakdown between now and then.

4 comments:

AmyC said...

Oh, Misti, I COMPLETELY understand your fears. Being a mom is SO hard sometimes. I'm sure that everything will be just fine!

Jenna (and you!) are in my prayers.

(Oh, and the blog looks great, as does your post processing! I can tell a difference already. It really looks great, Misti!)

The McElroy's said...

I'll keep Jenna, you, and the dentist & team in my prayers!

Eric and Ashley Wilkins said...

I will keep the two of you in my prayers. That's so tough to give a huge fear up to God. You can do it, though!

Eric and I have a dinner date with a couple from church at 7 in Glen Rose. That means I can't go to Zumba. :( BUT... I DEFINITELY want to meet up with you to take pictures before. I'm off all day tomorrow. Let me know when you want to go.

Crystal Barbaree said...

hey,
well brent has had 2 surgeries, and it was very hard for me. so i know what you are talking about. i think the first one i got so bad that i got sick. it is very hard to trust god when it is way out of your hands. she will be fine.
its so hard to hear well your child needs to have surgery. not fun for a parent.
crystal