7.04.2008

SERIOUSLY...

Really, about the drama, I meant it. But, God has some lesson he's working in my life - maybe empathy for the people with lots of drama in their life since I've always thought, well, it's kind of ugly, but, I've always thought, "so, get over it and move on."

Last night we went to work on the 4th of July float as our family fun night. I've been gone every evening this week and next week is full of events, so last night it was us, church friends, a float, and cheesecake at our house afterwards. We had a GREAT time at swim lessons (which pictures I had hoped to blog today, but these get priority now), great nap, I had a great time baking 2 cheesecakes & cup cakes, awesome.

Then I heard it - a deep thud, smack sort of sound. Turned my head to see Jen on the ground and I knew. Her eye started swelling immediately - so fast I've not seen anything like it. A friend who is an EMT said, "take her, now." So, off to the ER. Haven't been there, but they were great. No one else was there, just us. Verdict, she's fine, no eye damage, no skull damage, just a good black eye.
The culprit:

After we were home from the ER (I started to take my camera in, after all, it was with me the whole time, but I left it in the car because I wanted to be sure she was okay first):

This morning. The swelling has spread over her eyelid instead of the pronounced knot it was last night. Which is better? I don't know.

I'm just grateful that she's okay. On the short drive to the hospital, she was crying, and the sweet little girl asked, "Will you pray for me?" Of course - and God answered, no serious injuries, no pain, and peace. She cried very little in the ER. We're trying to make it fun, but if you see her, don't say anything unless she brings it up, she's pretty sensitive about it.

1 comment:

The McElroy's said...

Poor thing... I hope you feel better soon Jenna!!!