Before (left) & After (right)




And, it is SO comfortable. Between the new soft sheets & the fluffiness of the comforter...it's just heaven.
Now, to figure out what to get and put above the bed...
I had some issues at first. It all had to be ironed. I hate to iron. Then, I needed Euro pillows for the shams. Wal-Mart doesn't carry those. I had the option of driving to Fort Worth to find them, or internet shop. Target - 19.99 per pillow. Amazon - 23.00 per pillow. It occurred to me last night that the pillows on the couch seemed about the right size. They just get in the way, it's not like we use them all. Presto: perfect fit. So, guess what's in those pillows in the pictures - that's right. $40 SAVED right there!
Okay, now to be deeper (that was the shallow).
Thank you for all the prayers for Jenna and I.
Jenna has recently found the group Superchick (with my help since they're my fav). She wanted a CD to listen to in her room, so I made her one. Today at nap I heard her belting out, in her sweetest little voice, "I need your hand to hold, to hold me from the edge, The edge I'm sliding past, Hold on to me." She knows the general meaning of the song because she asked me what they were singing and what it meant. She is so close to understanding and accepting Christ, and she has an amazing heart. It brought tears to my eyes to realize that in her little innocence, she knows that she needs God to hold on to her in the tough times. How I wish a picture could catch the sound of that precious, sweet voice singing. Beautiful.

5 comments:
Love the bed! It looks great!
I can't believe how fast Jenna has grown... she is an amazing little girl!
Good luck on the oral surgery! Remember, by the time I was Jenna's age, I had already been through several plastic surgeries... I'm sure my mother experienced the same worry as you. I'll be thinking of ya'll!
I LOVE the bed! Your room just looks so luxurious now! Makes me want to come jump in. Of course, not when you and Jeremy are in it. Ha! For above the bed, you could put some photos you (or Amy) took of your fam and frame them in brown big frames (like 4 photos across). Or, kinda the same idea, use the extra fabric you got with the bedding (or just some brown fabric) to make 3 or 4 squares (would need wood and batting) and put across. Saw them both on HGTV and they looked great! Just ideas though!! :)
I love the sweet innocence of children. She had no idea anyone could hear her and she touched the heart of you and God all at once. That made my heart smile, thanks for sharing.
ok now you brought tears to my eyes. i love when makaul or brent sing songs from bands that i really like. makaul also ask what it means alot or she says this is what i think it means. i love that god is using music to get to my kids. he does that for me alot and i like it when i see him do it to them.
Oh that made me cry. Just the words you needed to hear, and right from your daughters heart- God is so awesome! We will be praying for you both. Love the bed. Looks like a hotel. Can I come check into the white hotel???
BTW- loved your last comment. I knew you meant the husbands. I don't have any other guys checking out my "mom/farmer tan"! :)
Post a Comment