I'm working on being the "yes" mom. Don't think that means I'm letting my kids run like crazy little people, that means I'm getting my priorities straight. The last school year was tough, and required a lot of "no" every time the kids asked to do something. "Mom, will you come and play Barbies?" "I'd like to, but I have to finish _________ by tomorrow." There was far too much to do and too little time. My family suffered, and I suffered with them. So, to reconnect, because a lot of damage was done to their little egos and my mothering ego, I've tried to say "yes" as much as possible.
"Mom, there's a cool new flower outside, want to come and see?" "YES!"
"Mom, will you read me a book?" "YES!"
"Mom, can we snuggle and watch cartoons?" "YES!"
It's been hard because I'm task driven, and my task list is quite long some days. But, I want them to know that I'm here for them, love them, and want to share their lives with them. I don't want them to be teenagers and think, 'Mom's too busy.' NO WAY!
Plus, this has spilled over to my husband, who finds this life much easier and less stressful on him. Today he came home with the weight of the world on his shoulders. Poor guy. He was moved almost to tears as he told me how thankful he was that wasn't upset that he was home so late and had so much left to get done tonight.
1 comment:
Congratulations on the news of your job share next school year! YEA!! I also loved the photos swimming practice! Keep us postedon the pathology report too, okay?
Love ya'll,
Heather George
Post a Comment