I need a little motivation in my life.
I did a great job working out last week, and decently so the week before. I ate pretty reasonably, but I gained weight. Yeah, I give people the "it's muscle" thing all the time, it's not. So, I've got to get my head in the game (perhaps I'm hearing too much high school musical).
I started to print pictures for scrapbooking since I haven't done any since March, and I look at pictures from the old point & shoot, 3.2 MP camera, and it's just, well, difficult to want to print any of them. Then, I move to the ones from my new camera in Dec and Jan, and they're, well, it's hard to find any to want to print there, too. Then, after Amy showed me RAW and I have taken the last week's worth (really just a few shots) in RAW, now I don't want to do anything with the thousands from the last 7 months I shot in JPEG. I need to just do it - the kids and memories are there regardless of the quality. The positive is that it shows how much I'm learning!
Another positive is our Flex account, the money I have the district withhold pre-tax for medical expenses. Last year we breezed through it by July. This year, it's July and we have $2000 left. Jen's oral surgery, what we expected to be the big kahoona this year, is 'just' $570. So, we need to spend about $1500 on medical expenses. Hmmm, where do you begin? New glasses for Jer, new glasses for me, dermatologist appt for both Jer & I, complete physical for Jer & I. That should do it, and cost us a little more, don't you think? Of course, we'll wait until October to make sure the kids don't get sick or something (or more bills don't come from the black eye ER visit, even though all she got was some sympathy, lights shone in her eyes, counting fingers and a popscicle, don't get me wrong, they were very nice, but healthcare is CRAZY).
Another positive - I've embraced my age: I wear a skirt swim bottom. I like it. I feel good in it. But, I remember standing in the dressing room of Beall's with the skirt bottom, boy short bottoms, and regular bottoms (only my bottoms wore out last year, the tops are fine). Regular bottoms - No! Boy shorts - not so much. Skirt - I can feel good about this in public. Then I stood there, looking at myself thinking, yep, you feel 20 in your head, but that is the body of a 32-year-old mommy of 2. Thank you God for my kids - I'd take them over my 23 year old body any day (but it was good)!
A new bedroom decor! I did it! I ordered it. I asked Jer again. The first time I found it I got, "Do you NEED it?" That miffed me - of course I didn't NEED it, or I wouldn't have asked him what he thought. I gave him my big spill - I LOVE it, I can sell the extras on eBay (thanks, Ash), I can use some of the fabric for a bulletin board I've wanted to make (thanks, Kendra), and use all the rest. "So?" "You won't believe it if I tell you." After some probing he told me, "I was thinking, well, you can sell the parts you don't need on eBay." Yep, we've been together so long we even think alike. Scary, huh?
4 comments:
Aww, Misti. I know just how you feel. On all counts. Ha!
The scrapbooking of the old pictures... yeah, it's TOUGH to want to do that. Maybe that's why I gave up scrapbooking all together. (Although, I DID actually get a whopping TWO layouts done at my "retreat" this weekend. Pathetic, huh?)
I'm glad to hear that you're liking what we talked about! RAW offers SO much control.
And, yeah... I feel like I'm a 20 year old in a 30 year momma body, too. Ugh. But, truly, you and I both look great. We just need to quit beating ourselves up about it, okay? :) Just be healthy. Like you said, you've got amazing kiddos in place of the 23yo body, and yet you're still way adorable, too! It's the best of both worlds!
I'm glad you got the bedding set. It's SO gorgeous! Good for you! :)
Hmmm... I wonder if I could have left a LONGer comment?
Persnal training = motivation :)
You look great sista! You are fit and it shows.
Post a Comment