I happened to see a Penney's mini catalog at my mom's, opened it and (hear the music), saw IT. One I really, really, really like. I came home, logged on, "out of stock." I was bummed out, I mean REALLY disappointed. Devastated. I checked ebay, I googled, checked back for a week: no luck. I gave up. Yesterday I bought new sheets (600 thread count - ooooooo - long story, but Jer loves the beds at the Hilton to the point he looked up how to buy one and started asking about sheets, which he also loves at the Hilton, so we've been talking about that one for a year) and looked at quilts/comforters with no luck. I yearned for my Kaiden set at Penney's.
Randomly, this morning, I went back to jcp.com and looked, added to cart, and, SURPRISE, it's in stock!
So, what's the issue, you ask? The whole set (sheets, comforter, valance, bed skirt, accent pillow shams, all) is $129 - good deal. Perfect colors (at least on my monitor). Will match the sheets I just got, will match the curtains I made last summer. Negatives: I don't need the sheets that come with it, don't need the bed skirt, don't need the valance, I'm not usually a fan of comforters (we used to need to wash constantly, but our kids don't spit up anymore, and there are no indoor pets, so I think that issue is over), and I haven't actually seen it in person. I guess if it gets here and I hate it, I can take it back to the store, right? Other thoughts: August is the last month I will receive my old full salary. Then, it's 1/2. I know, we're still fine, but I do have to adjust for that $24,000 I'm used to having in our budget...and I'm pretty sure updating our bedroom won't be in the budget (like it really is right now).
What to do? Here is a link: http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/ProductsHOM.aspx?ItemID=1449879&GrpTyp=ENS&CmCatId=SearchResults

So, what do I do?
5 comments:
very nice
LOL, drew was signed into his email, this is Jodi, but I'm sure he would say it is nice too
$129?!? Buy the comforter, Misti!! Over seven years, that comes out to less than $20 a year.
That is SUPER cheap for all of that stuff. You should definitely go for it. AND, if you don't want to keep all the extra stuff, sell it on EBAY. Very cute!
I say "Go for it!" My goodness, you and Jeremy have earned a new comforter! Too bad you aren't in the Army; we have to redecorate (or at least find new curtains!) all the time!
Post a Comment