I finally feel as if I'm in the relaxation of summer. That's part of the reason for no posts, nothing is happening around here - FINALLY! WOO HOO!
Here are some random things that have helped me get back to my "happy" place:
The kids singing their song: "Jeremy & Misti sitting in a tree, K - I - S - N - I - N - D" Yeah, spelling's not our thing, yet. I've corrected them a zillion times. I've decided it's just cute.
Hudson running around in his underwear. When he wears them, usually you will find his with just shorts on, no undies. I don't get it, but he thinks it's hilarious.
Running. I am back up to 4 miles. It's a 4 miles with a lot of cardiovascular pain during that last mile, but I'm getting stronger and my knee is hanging in there with me! Step classes at the Y are a good cross trainer for me and gives my knee some time off. If you need a "happy" place, come watch me do step class - I'm am quite the funny girl. For someone who was so graceful and coordinated in her years of competitive twirling (with ballet training, pageant training, and tumbling), I am a HOOT when you mix coordination and athletics! REALLY - last week I knocked my step over twice and fell down once, all in one class!
Me being Frugal Fanny. I got it from my dad. Did you know we can all be in the living room but like 7 other lights in the house are on? My dad used to go around counting them as he turned them off, now I do the same thing. Our high has been 10, and we were all in the living room, in the dark. Kills me. Also, I have connected all our TV/VCR/DVD/Digital converter box/Computer/other electronics to power strips. Every time we leave or go to bed, I kill the strip. Jeremy thinks it's funny that I've gone to this trouble to save a few cents. But, I'm convinced it's helping us and the environment. To reward myself, I've turned the AC down a little lower (I usually sweat us out trying to keep the bill down - again, from my parents who will leave the AC off until late June and then will sometimes even turn it off at night until about noon when it gets hot). Now if only I hadn't left the soaker hose on in the flower bed for 4 hours yesterday...but those flowers look GREAT today.
3 comments:
With 2 house payments, I'm also looking for ways to cut everything back!! My friend told me about http://www.moneysavingmom.com - she loves it! I'm going to look it over to give it a try. Specifically, she uses the CVS stuff to get tons of stuff for free.
Glad you guys are having fun! We are too - it's weird to have almost nothing going on after being crazy busy!!!
Hey- your comments are turned on. Have they always been on and I was too dumb to figure it out? I'm glad you're having a good summer. You'll have to give me some money saving tips.
I love it. Ya'll crack me up. I hate how our two bedroom apartment racks up the electricity bill for like a 4 bedroom house. Maybe someday we will have well insulated walls! :) Check out our blog ericandashleywilkins.blogspot.com.
Post a Comment