12.14.2005

Christmas Cheer

Call me an elf. I decided this year I would make goodies for my department to share. Knowing that is an undertaking, and adding two sweet munchkins, I started Monday night. Monday I made two batches of pecan tarts and peanut patties. The patties turned out so well (despite initial reservations) that I made another batch Tuesday. This morning I made peanut brittle, but I put the soda in too early, so it turned into peanut taffy. Bright me, I decided to bake it a little longer tonight...I just threw away the entire thing - cookie sheet and all. As I debate making the cupcakes for Hudson's party tomorrow and other goodies (popcorn balls, more peanut patties -they're easy- fudge), Hudson is determined to get my attention. He is sitting sweetly in my lap, and just took his paci out and kissed my arm as I typed. Sweet boy. Jenna is sweetly watching a Barbie movie - complete in princess dress and crown, but the 'mean man' in the movie scares her and she wants me to sit with her.
This is why you may get New Year's cards again this year...although I bought all this cute paper, cards, and stickers at an after Christmas Sale last year...

Here is a picture of the kids working together on a good bed jump!

8:20 update...never ask me to make peanut brittle. batch #2 was smokin', and I don't mean good - black. NO peanut brittle. However, the fudge is excellent & Hudson's cupcakes for his party tomorrow are in the oven!

No comments: