12.22.2005

financial responsibility

Well, Jer and I have found ourselves a little in debt...it happens about this time every year (we always buy more than we budget for Christmas), and it motivates us to get things in line. Jeremy is also getting into some financial responsibility - a friend of mine's husband did that, and she admitted, after praying for him to take some control, it wasn't easy. I have found myself in the same position. I've been the bill/budget/bank statement reconciler for some years now, and it's a little disconcerting to be handing it all over. In any case, he's taken on a couple of tasks that I just couldn't get handled. After talking and praying about the debt and what to do, God provided (just as he always does), and it looks to be taken care of. And, after two hours on the phone, he took care of one task I just couldn't master. When we bought this house, we took out an 'arm' with the intent/plan to pay double payments and get it finished. In October the first company sold our loan to a second company. Company #1 messed up our extra payments (despite repeated phone calls) and company #2 just couldn't get it straight, either. I was frustrated, doing the right thing had cost me $670, so I was ready to give up. Jeremy to the rescue! It's all fixed - 2 hours later. He was going golfing and had some good anger to take out on some balls, so I expect a big finish (or, little, I guess).

The kids are awesome. We are all home today. H and took a good nap in our bed, he was already mostly asleep, so his wiggly self was really cuddly to sleep with. Plus, he would stir, look at me, grin and go back to sleep. Almost a "hey, I love you Mommy" look. Jenna is on day 3 of wearing her beautiful pink slippers - she looks so grown up and can do the buckle herself.

Since it's the 22nd, I guess that officially means cards won't make it. Although, I took the pictures this morning, so I could work really hard tonight and some of you would get yours on Saturday...

No comments: