I must interject here, I love my husband, because I am trying to block out his 'Northgate Noise' (Noise it is) CD he got for Christmas.
Christmas Eve, after StoneWater service, we came home and made cookies for Santa ("special" allergy free sugar cookies).
After the kids mutilated theirs (they like the icing and sprinkles, but no cookie, and these cookies taste the same as 'normal' sugar cookies). We told Jenna that she would need to check to see if Santa came and then come and tell us. She was concerned that we wouldn't open our eyes a.k.a. go back to sleep; I explained that we would get up, so we launched into how to tell if he had been here. Check the cookies & look under the tree. Well, the kids were lazy Christmas morning, and it was 8:00 before we could make enough noise to rouse Hudson, who roused Jenna. Jenna ran to the table, cookies were gone! Then she looked at the tree, covered her little mouth in a very prissy little way and exclaimed, 'oh'...
she even let Hudson 'drive' first. After driving around the living room a little time, we took the Hummer outside. We've already gotten our money's worth. Jenna loves to drive (mostly forward and then backward, she doesn't care to steer) and Hudson loves to ride - he just giggles and grins. We were watching the kids in the back yard as they drove, and I told Jeremy they were just what I always wanted. It's amazing how Christmas takes a completely new meaning with those two sweet babies.Jenna was very impressed that Santa gave all of the yellow and green gummy worms to her and the red and white ones to Hudson, and that he gave daddy the red & blue gum and her the green, orange, white, and yellow. That Santa, he takes care of all the details! Hudson was just glad he got in on the action of getting candy.
Other than some monster allergies and asthma (I haven't had asthma is years, and I'm huffing on Hudson's nebulizer more than he is the past couple of days) we have had a tremendous Christmas celebration! I will be a bridesmaid (bridesmatron?) at the ripe age of 30 in June. Cynthia, my cousin, has asked me to stand up for her, and I am honored and now very motivated to get fit! We saw all the grandparents (mine and Jer's) and family, now I hope we don't wait around until Easter to see them all again!
No comments:
Post a Comment