12.09.2005

Christmas fever

After the two weather days, I have Christmas fever. I want to be with my family and away from work. It also so happens that Christmas is my favorite season, and time to celebrate another year of marriage with Jeremy.

Wednesday we received the announcement of school releasing early. Of course, by the time the buses got to the high school, it was 1:00 before I could leave. After some serious scraping, I got the ice off and got home. Just in time for naps! After nap, we took a walk down the road. Hudson was like a dog - frisky in the winter weather. He ran and hollered up and down the road. After some soup, Jeremy decided a trip to Wal-Mart was direly necessary (he wanted to try his driving) so around 5:30 we took a trip. I have never seen Wal Mart so empty. We all snuggled down. Jeremy and I watched a movie and snuggled down right after recieved the phone call that there was no school Thursday.

Thursday we decided to go down to the Fox's house to make cookies. Jenna slipped and fell in the drive, and then I fell once I made it to the road. Route #2 left me sliding down the neighbor's driveway with both kids after I decided we would just walk across the grass and driveways. Path #3 left Jer driving us down the road. After Hudson poured a cup of Dr. Pepper all over himself (hence, diaper only cookie pictures) and Kendra's dining room carpet, after Jenna and Marley dumped an extra cup of flour in my cookie dough, and after Jenna poured a half a cup of sprinkles on her cookies, we headed back home.
It was hoot making cookies with two 3 year olds, a 1 year old, and a 3 month old. Two mommies were tired! It was fun!

So, I returned to school today (I found the pendant from my necklace that I lost while scraping ice on Wednesday) with a little bit of Christmas fever. I am ready for vacation! As ecstatic as I was to find my missing pendant, I was later crushed, one of my student's fathers was killed in an ice related accident on Wednesday.

No comments: