I'm doing this job share thing this year (you've probably heard or read about it, I'll work part time - every morning). So, I turned in my lap top from the district as each teaching UNIT gets a laptop, not each teacher, and Jacqui's is newer, so, well, I'm no dummy, let's keep hers. I very (thought so, anyway) carefully copied my 3 years worth of files to my flash drive and took the computer in. They reimage them which means they wipe them clean and start over. I KNEW that I should slap that flash drive in the home computer and copy my files to make sure, but I do this all the time, so no worries. I waited until today, 30 minutes before heading to meet with my AP teachers to plan. When I clicked on the folder, it took me to My Documents. I copied the SHORTCUT NOT THE FILES. I almost threw up. Literally. After I gagged (sorry Ashley), I remembered, files sync to the server. Of course the 30 pages of notes from June's AP Summer Institute that included how we would use things, and my notes of ideas for the year weren't synced nor were the first six weeks of plans that I made last month. "Perhaps they haven't reimaged the computer..." Then the return email, "So sorry, Misti, that computer was reimaged yesterday." N O O O O O O O O But, I did get the last 3 years worth of files back. My husband's a funny man, so when I again remembered that my brother & sister-in-law would like a copy of their wedding ceremony (the written part), I asked if he had saved it or if he just had a hard copy, his reply was, "Yep, I know how to save things." Since I was over the nausea of the situation, I mooned him. No, not really, but I thought about it really hard, and if the kids hadn't been in the same room, I would have. He knew what I was thinking, too, because he said, "Not in front of the kids." How do we do that? I've never actually mooned him, just threatened.
The good news is, after meeting with Jacqui and Diane, I find myself excited about the year! I'm looking forward to getting back. Of course, it could be because I saw several of my friends up there as we all lament coming back but really find ourselves happy and excited, yeah, that probably helped, too. What a praise! I really didn't think I had it in me! And, the kids played nicely for 3 hours while we worked!
Then, we went to a wedding rehearsal, and as luck would have it, the photographer was sick. Again, my darling husband interjects, "Misti will do it tonight." HELLO - have we not had conversations about volunteering information (see June when he told others of me wanting to be their friend - I'm still not over it)? So, I took pictures of the rehearsal. While I was shooting, I noticed Jer staring straight at the camera. He knows not to do this, he's trained. So, I told him - "What are you doing? You know better?" (it was just he and Nicole talking, so reprimanding him was totally okay in this situation) "Do you realize you're wearing a skirt?" Okay, so the best angle meant squatting...in a skirt. I wish I had kept the picture because it was total shock on his face, like, "what is she thinking? is that? I can't believe..." (I did have on undies, and he couldn't tell what color, so it wasn't TOO bad). But, the pictures was out of focus. Too funny. It was a great experience since it covered ever changing light (sun, sunset, dark). Fortunately/unfortunately, she asked me to possibly help tomorrow as her photog possibly needs a second shooter (and if she's not well, well, see me shaking). I'm not there, yet. And, it's totally up to the photog. I will wear something other than a skirt & not flip flops. Lots of stairs & flip flops = many close calls. It's exciting & scary. Here are two pictures. Yes, I see the fern - now, after the fact.

5 comments:
HAHAHAHA I totally was making a disgusted face while reading your first paragraph. I felt a little better when you said you were sorry. lol. That really stinks though. I feel bad for you. :(
It looks like you handled the photography thing very well.... skirt and all. Good job! And have fun tomorrow! "Just take pictures" like you tell me! Oh, and go read the tips about wedding pictures on that website link you gave me. ;)
Oh nooo, so sorry about the files.....I love that someday you may moon someone! That's totally awesome. I think the kids would get a kick out of it. Although may not be a good thing if they repeated it. Good call on holding back. I can't wait to see the photos from last night. You need to post more. So you had a bit of "I see Paris, I see France, I see Misti's...." happens to the best of photographers! Maybe Amy needs to add dresscode tips to her teaching. Something I surely wouldn't have thought about.
wow thats rough, and you should have mooned him, or at least throw stuff at him. he probably only knows how to save stuff cause my husband taught him. so you can use that next time. Haha. i really don't know if he taught him but its a good come back.
see what happends when i watch kids. i miss the good stuff. just kidding. the kids and i had fun, although h still didn't understand why throwing rocks at the ducks was a bad idea. i had my own entertainment going on with jen and h. see you tonight in pants.
Oh, Misti, I'm SO sorry you lost your files. How frustrating! That is my worst fear, I swear.
Now, your pictures? They look AWESOME! Way to go! I'm cracking up about the skirt. Ha! Yeah, there is SO much to think about with photography, isn't there!?!
Misti,
That really stinks about your files! I totally understand, well not totally, but I had a similar experience last summer with a 25 page paper that I lost. I'm sure that doesn't help you. It looks as thought you are remaining positive. It's great that you've got friends to help you at school! I missed you at step class this moring! I'll see you tonight. Have a wonderful day!
Post a Comment