8.06.2008

I LOVE summer, but...

I think I've just hit the mark where I'm ready to go back to school. GASP - did I say that out loud? Yep, yesterday was the day the kids and I had enough 24/7 together time.

First, I registered Jen for Kinder. I didn't even cry! I did cry on the way to Fort Worth when she told me, "Mom, you know you don't have to walk me in every day. I think just the first day will be enough." Did she really just throw me to the curb before the first day of school got here? I will embrace her independence, but I don't have to like it, yet.

Then, we went clothes shopping for Jenna to pick out her own clothes. Up to this point I have always bought stuff for her. But, I thought it would be good for her to have some things that she feels really excited about to relieve some nerves; it worked for me as a kid. She had a BALL. I think she had more fun trying on the stuff she picked out, because usually I buy it and she didn't really know that she could try stuff on, she thought that was just for mommies. Hudson got a couple of things too, because I couldn't let him miss out since he's a little concerned that his sissy won't be there to check up on him, "What if I need her, Mommy?" He didn't realize you don't tear the tags off, and I was a little late. Oh well, they fit.

Here is what I've been doing:
I've wanted to decorate above the bed for, well, 3 years since we moved here. I finally found what I wanted, cheap!

and, I don't know why the one on the right looks so pixelated...

Then, the space above the desk has bothered me for a while, and I didn't know what I wanted to do. Ashley W. made a suggestion that led me to a bulletin board to hang all the stuff the kids make us (and some snaps).


Then there was the cheesecake baking:


I love to do this stuff, but I'm really slow at figuring out what I want to do & how. Feels good.

2 comments:

Eric and Ashley Wilkins said...

You can practice all of your cheesecake baking on us ANYTIME you want. :) I had fun yesterday shooting pictures of the kids and eating ice cream. Thanks for having us!!

js said...

You go Martha! Love the room and that cheesecake was awesome!!!!