8.10.2008

Isn't it Ironic,Don't cha think?

We're in San Marcos tonight before we hit Schlitterbahn tomorrow. I just had to share this because of the irony of the situation.

My car leaks freon and is in need of a recharge, so it doesn't cool well. So, we took Jer's dad's car, the Jetta, because it has a killer AC and is newer (the Protege is proudly 11 years old with 148,000+ miles & other than it's AC leak and AMAZING SCREEEECH upon start up - I die every time it does it in public, but not bad enough to fix the $2000 embarrassment! - it's a GREAT car). We nicely froze all the way to Pflugerville, where we stopped to play at the gigantic Toys R Us & discovered they've taken the play land out :(. When we got on the road again, "Houston, we have a problem." The AC was blowing but not cold air. It wasn't just a fluke - the AC broke! No joking. So we sweated our way to San Marcos, Jeff & Jeremy worked for a while, and it was determined that there is some electrical problem (my dad is one trusty mechanic, even from 3 hours away) and there will be no AC for us (but we now own a set of gauges to check the freon!). That's going to be a long ride home tomorrow...but we'll leave late & have hours of Schlitterbahn fun under our belts!

Isn't it ironic that the car we chose to take for it's AC has abandoned us to the Texas heat! It's like rain on your wedding day; the free ride when you'd already paid...

6 comments:

Eric and Ashley Wilkins said...

I feel your pain! We are house sitting for the Franklins and walked into a house that was 100 degrees tonight!! Poor dogs! SOOO.... after 2 hours of moving 4 dogs into a shed with AC (one of them having to be chased after)... plans to take them to the kennel in the morning... and hiring an Air Man, we were sweating profusely. HA!!! I hope ya'll have a BLAST tomorrow to make your long trip in the heat worth it!!! :)

Crystal Barbaree said...

i have to say that you had me laughing when i was reading this. have fun. wish we could have come

AmyC said...

It's the good advice that you just didn't take...

Sorry. I couldn't help myself.

Really, though, that stinks! Man, Texas heat is brutal, too. I'm totally jealous of the Schlitterbahn thing. I LOVE it there! You guys have fun!

jo said...

are you guys in deutchland or texas? I heard a rumor about a "coldfront"...

js said...

Wow, that's rough. Hopefully the ride home went well. Can't wait to see photos from the trip. Lots of shiny little sweaty faces and water park fun.

Anonymous said...

Hey... I hear that rain on your wedding day is "good luck" - wink wink