I have that feeling you get when it's been 100+ and you get that cool front with rain - refreshed, renewed, energized, glowing. Only Day 2 of Believing God and I'm so thankful for His love! So, I have to share what I've learned...
Day 1: Caught in the Act of Believing
God will equip us for every good work he wants us to do. Why do I always feel like I have to do something or have some great ability before I can do what God wants me to do? He's going to give me every skill that I need to do what He wants me to do! So, why sweat my challenges (rearing children, love Jer as I should, find out what I want to be when I grow up (that's what I call my current, "what am I supposed to do next?" situation) I committed to trust Him with 'When I grow up...'. He'll show me - it might be teaching, it might be a lot of things, no stress! (I'll review this one when I get stressed.)
Day 2:Pleasure and Reward
Heb 11:6 For some reason I'm not big on receiving awards. The idea of God giving rewards, for some reason, makes me uncomfortable. I don't know if it's stories of those televangelists who get people to send tons of money so God can reward them or what, but I don't like the idea. However, I know that he has rewarded me - I do want to please God; I know He called me to be more relational, especially with my family; and I know that He prompted me to begin the process of this "job share thing." I believe my reward is that I have the glorious opportunity to drop off and pick up my children each day. Hudson is so excited that his teacher shared with me today, "Hudson asked me if I remembered when his mom came yesterday. Then he said, 'She'll always come get me early! (he & Jen were usually one of the last 4 kids there last year)" She said he was SO excited and grinning from ear to ear. Jenna's face just lights up when she spots me in the crowd. I LOVE it! I've never thought that I could do without teaching, without being in charge, but I think I could totally do this stay home thing...hmm. Of course, as long as I can job share and God calls me to that - I LOVE it! I really feel like I have the best of both worlds because I DO. I was also reassured by Is 54:10 - even when I disappear, God loves me.
Finally, please lift up Jacqui tomorrow. She has surgery scheduled at 9:00. They'll keep her overnight, and she'll be back at school Tuesday. Pray for safety, ease of pain, and wisdom of the surgeon.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing! Great things to think about!
Post a Comment