
Hudson is becoming a walker faster each day. Yesterday he took six steps, and he is constantly letting go and standing on his own for longer periods of time. He is into EVERYTHING, just like he is supposed to be. He can climb almost as well as Jenna, and we have found him on the back of the couch, in the rocking chair, and almost up on Jen's bed. He seems to have a mind for the mechanical as he'll watch something and then head over to try to operate it or take it apart. He revels in playing outside where we have a playhouse with doors and windows that swing open and a small slide he loves to go down.
Jenna's skin is looking GREAT! I know our families and some of you have been praying for her complete healing. Last night I told her how good her skin was looking and she said, "God is healing me." It made my eyes fill with tears. I've discontinued all steriod creams and Elidel. Right now I'm using Noxema and Eucerin. I'm still doing the wraps in the morning, I just use those two creams and nothing else. I'm not even giving her any of her antihistamines. We're really working on whining - if anyone has any tips, please let me know. We've also been on such a crazy schedule, that we're trying to get back to a bedtime of 8:30. (She's been up with us until 10:00 or 10:30 a lot of nights). Right now she wants to go outside and play in the rain.
My allergies have gone beserk! I've been praying that if God wants to give me all of Jen's allergies to heal her, please do. Well, yesterday my lips swelled and I itched internally from my jaw to my rib cage; last night I had asthma worse than I have in years (I actually had to use my inhaler). I took a bendryl at bedtime and this morning my lower lip is a little swollen and itchy, my nose is itchy and runny. I feel so bad for her if this is how she felt all the time!
I have a job interview on July 18. I don't know what I want, so just pray for direction. I've turned down 6 interviews for full time positions in other districts, but this is for a Sophomore English position at Granbury High School. I really don't want to work full time, but it is here in town. I do worry, however, about daycare with the kids' allergies, time with my family, and how to help the church when I'm consumed with teaching (as I would be at least the first year in a new position). Then again, I do want to try high school, the income would be an added benefit, Jenna does need to be out of the house, etc. Anyway, I don't even have the job, and I'm already worrying - does that surprise anyone?
Jeremy is doing great. He is such a good dad and husband. He is really enjoying the church busyness and all the rewards that we have seen. He really likes having a challenge, and this is definitely one for all of us!
Click on link to see more parade pictures
No comments:
Post a Comment