7.06.2005

Normal?


If you read the StoneWater update, you know all about the church side of life. If you haven't read that, I encourage you to, because I won't hit on a lot of church life here.

We are almost recovered from the weekend. I cannot tell you how much fun we had, while at the same time feeling the most tired I have in a long time. Now, the tired thing seems to be just an ordinary part of church planting life.

I spent all of Friday night into Saturday morning sick. It seems to be a rapidly spreding type of illness, as all of our Team church helpers were sick Saturday night. Our neighborhood party really was the most fun I have had in a long time...just visiting and meeting people was wonderful.

Saturday, once I was well, was good too. I got to go out with Jeremy, Jennifer and Jason Saturday evening to distribute water and StoneWater cards. We were at a fireworks stand, and all of a sudden I saw a parachuter drop on the other side of the highway behind a hill. I had just enough time to point him out to the others, and we commented that he would soon be on the road. Sure enough, a few minutes later, here he came with his chute. Jeremy and Jason met him with water and a card. It was one of those random things where you think, "Well, God's just dropping them out of the sky, now."

Our first worship service was amazing. I was hot and uncomfortable, but pleasantly joyful, too.

The parade was funny. Here I am ready to show my girl off (Hudson went with my parents since he didn't need to be out in the sun so long), and she hops in the car with Nana and PawPaw White. I'll admit, my feelings were hurt, but I saw the reason when we started handing out water. I passed the water from the trough to the people on the road...it was busy. Then I got the word from the front car that my princess needed a snack. It was 11:00, so I darted into the Phillips 66 on the side of the parade route for a box of graham crackers, then back on the float. A little further I got another message for Mom to approach the front car. Jenna had to tee tee - we darted into the funeral home that was on the route, and then caught up again.

Jenna is getting tall and is cuter every day. I think I'm about to try any and all natural and homeopathic remedies for eczema that I can find. Our steroid creams just aren't working, and I'm at my wit's end. I've been doing a lot of internet research and joined a few eczema mom's chats.

Hudson is taking 2 - 3 steps at a time, jabbering, and cutting three teeth. He's a little fussy, but he's a sweet, sweet boy.

Click on the link to see more pictures of the kids in the water pile!

No comments: