Have you ever noticed that when people refer to a "long night" that it is never a good thing?
Church was great last night; I hope to watch the video today to be able to comment on the actual service. It was awesome to see everyone spring into action together. I arrived on location at about 5:20, later than I wanted, but as early as I was able. All of our support were in action. Some were finishing sound check, some putting up the video camera, some setting out refreshments, literature, etc. At 5:45 STRANGERS started coming in - I always expected the people we have met and personally invited to come, but I guess I didn't really process that people would come based on the cards and newspaper ads.
After service some of our friends came over for lasagna. We ended up talking and watching Bambi (Jenna hadn't seen it today). I guess we went to bed about 10:45, but Jeremy was still hyped up from the service, and wouldn't get quiet until very near midnight. Then, Mr. Hudson Reed (it's never good when you use Mr. and both names) kept waking up. I honestly think he woke 5 times - screaming...mommy is exhausted.
I have two playdates today for Jenna (can you say 'overschedule'?). We'll head to the park in an hour to play with Dawn and Parker, and then Maryanda and Alexis will come over around 3:30. I am really looking forward to 1:00 = naptime!
Plus, I am officially starting a Bible study with Jennifer and Lisa over the book of Joshua. I've started it a few times, but I'm awful at keeping time with God. I am really hoping that Jennifer will give me the firm kick in the tail that I know I need. I figure if anyone other than Jeremy can keep me in line and me still love 'em, she can! So, you go Jen!
1 comment:
happy to kick your tail! stick to it!
Post a Comment