7.19.2005

Precious Family

It becomes even more obvious how precious something is when you're thinking about giving it up. Not that I will actually be giving up my family, but I will be giving a lot of time up if I take this job. Today we checked out two daycares, and we decided on the one that would be great for the kids. As we left the director said something that I'm still pondering the significance of, "Junior English will always be there, but if you want us to raise your kids, we will be happy to." I almost burst out crying on the spot. I know she didn't mean it to hurt me, but I was thinking, "here's your knife back."

Mom and Dad left for Germany today. In my estimation they are somewhere over the Atlantic right now. They were very excited and pacing the house until they left. I'm really excited for them, but I'm still sad that I'm not on that plane as well. You can only go so long without seeing your younger brother before you really miss that silence between you (he's really quiet, so we mostly sit and enjoy each other's presence).

Little man Hudson barely crawls anymore - he's a full fledged walker. FBC (the daycare we have tentatively chosen) will probably go ahead and put him with the 1 year olds since he's walking, using a sippy, and is a little tough and rough. We know the woman who will be one of his caregivers, Crystal, because she is a member of our launch team. Jenna would be in the 3 year old class, because she's older (the cut off is Sept 1 for birthdates and the 7th is close) and she knows her colors, shapes, and some letters. We know she will LOVE it as they do music class, crafts, play, and learn. Her teacher would be a certified teacher who has taught 1st, 4th, and 5th grades.

Now, can Mom handle really leaving her little guys. They're only young once. We're trying to focus on what is best for the church (and the kids, of course). Being in the schools will really broaden our reach and credibility. But, right now tonight's vote for me is no - precious children don't stay little long.

No comments: